Resources for Home Use
Looking for an easy way to test the water in your home? Are airborne mold spores causing allergic reactions or illness in your home or workplace?
At Micrology Laboratories, we keep microbiology simple. With our easy-to-use kits, you can investigate your tap water or the creek behind your house, invite your family to explore the cleanliness of the bathroom sink or kitchen counter or test the air quality in your home or workplace..
Inexpensive and so easy to use, our tests make it simple to investigate your world.
Learn more about our products for home use.
Products for Home Use
Bring microbiology home with these easy-to-use products. They require no additional equipment or experience, yet offer the results you want.
Our patented Easygel method is perfect for simple at-home testing. (We like to say it's as easy as 1 - 2 - 3.) It comes in a sterilized, two-piece unit, including a bottle of liquid medium and a petri dish treated with a special formulation. The equipment comes ready to use: just add a test sample and pour the solution into a treated petri dish.
- Coliscan Easygel: Use this product to test for coliform and fecal coliforms like E. coli in your water. You use the simple Easygel method, and can easily identify large amounts of these harmful coliforms in your water.
- Purchase Coliscan Easygel in a kit from our product catalog. Usage is explained in our methods.
- Use the patented Easygel method to test more than water quality. With Total Count, you can test air quality simply by removing the lid and exposing the treated petri dish to the air.
Check out the kit in the product catalog.
These are just a few of the products with simple home applications. To see a full listing of available Micrology Laboratories products, see our entire product catalog.
Benefits of Home Use
With Easygel, you bring microbiology into your own home! A fun and economical choice, Easygel is perfect for real scientific experimentation because it:
- Allows you to test for bacteria and molds easily, in your own home
- Doesn't require a degree in Microbiology!
- Eliminates the need for expensive equipment
- Saves time
- Doesn't require heating: Easygel works without an incubator
- Doesn't require prior experience: Easygel comes will full, detailed instructions
- Is far less expensive than sending your sample to a commercial lab for testing